Say hello to the newest members of our Pretti5 家庭！
In this three-part series, we'll introduce our De-Puff! Rose Quartz Jade Roller Tool, 玫瑰粉晶刮痧板和 可重複使用的竹纖維面撲. We’ve combined ancient TCM wisdom with the latest environmentally-friendly technology to bring you the best of clean, sustainable beauty.
A sustainable skincare routine is the first step to beauty from the inside out! In this post, you'll learn about why we made the switch to reusable makeup remover pads, the benefits of bamboo, and how to care for your Peas in a Pod Reusable Bamboo Cotton Pads.
Clean vegan beauty is all about caring for our skin along with our planet. The average person uses over 80,000 cotton pads in their lifetime: imagine all the waste that creates! To make matters worse, cotton pads are bleached and non-biodegradable, meaning they can spend over 100 years sitting in landfills.
Additionally, commercially-grown cotton is doused with some of the most harmful pesticides used in agriculture. Over 10% of all pesticides in the world are used on cotton, and some of them—such as aldicarb and methamidophos—were originally formulated as chemical warfare agents with devastating effects on the human body. These pesticides can also poison farm workers and contaminate water sources, causing long-term environmental damage.
Reusable makeup remover pads can last for years and are a great way to take care of your wallet, too!
Bamboo textile is a soft, cloth-like material made from bamboo. Not only is it vegan and biodegradable, but it’s also naturally hypoallergenic and antibacterial, making it an eco-friendly beauty pick. Bamboo is also ultra-renewable; it’s been recorded to grow almost a meter in a day!
Bamboo is native to regions of Asia, Australia, and the Americas, where it's used as a cooling component in herbal TCM remedies. In Hong Kong, this versatile material is also a common alternative to metal scaffolding:
你知道嗎？ Bamboo is actually a type of grass, and one of the fastest-growing plants in the world!
Our favorite things about the Peas in a Pod Reusable Bamboo Cotton Pads:
- Super soft on sensitive or delicate skin—perfect for dirt or makeup removal after a long day.
- Washing machine-friendly, for simple and convenient care and reuse. They become even more absorbent after a few washes!
- They come with a mini mesh bag for safe storage or travel: take your clean beauty routine with you on the go.
Always wash your brand-new Bamboo Cotton Pads before use.
- Place in a mesh laundry bag and machine wash with warm water (no detergent, stain remover, or bleach, please!)
- Air dry if possible to keep them in tip-top condition.
- Pour a moderate amount of 煥光柔膚精華水 on a Bamboo Cotton Pad. (Check out our 應用指南 for more toner tips and tricks!)
- Gently sweep the Bamboo Cotton Pad across your cheeks and forehead, avoiding the delicate eye area.
Rinsing your Bamboo Cotton Pad in warm soapy water immediately after use will help it last longer!
This post is part of a series on our newest products:
- For a holistic remedy that'll heal from the inside out, try the De-Puff! Rose Quartz Jade Roller Tool.
- Alternatively, dissolve any tension and tightness with the 玫瑰粉晶刮痧板.
- To fully embrace eco-sustainable skincare, check out our 可重複使用的竹纖維面撲.
Written by Fion Tse