Say hello to the newest members of our Pretti5 family!
In this three-part series, we'll introduce our De-Puff! Rose Quartz Jade Roller Tool, 玫瑰粉晶刮痧板和 可重複使用的竹纖維面撲. We’ve combined ancient TCM wisdom with the latest environmentally-friendly technology to bring you the best of clean, sustainable beauty.
Go beyond the surface with the Restore! Rose Quartz Gua Sha Tool! In this post, you'll learn about the history of Gua Sha, the beauty benefits of rose quartz, and how to get the most out of your Gua Sha Tool.
What is Gua Sha?
Gua Sha refers to gently scraping the skin with a smooth massage tool to encourage blood circulation and promote healing. First used in the Stone Age, Gua Sha predates even TCM acupuncture! Like facial rolling, regular Gua Sha can reduce buildup of stagnant Qi and lymph, improving skin complexion and restoring a healthy glow from the inside out.
Why Rose Quartz?
The first Gua Sha tools were crafted from Bian stone, a rare limestone found in Shandong, eastern China. Throughout the years, Gua Sha has been performed using soup spoons or even bare knuckles!
The naturally cool and calming properties of rose quartz make it the best choice for sensitive, red, or acne-prone skin.
The rose quartz crystal exudes gentle feminine energy that opens up the heart chakra to transform negativity into self-love. For that reason, it’s also known to have anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties that restore balance, youthfulness, and clarity. Representing love, harmony, and healing, a gentle rose quartz Gua Sha session is the perfect way to scrape away stress and tension for healthier skin.
Our favorite things about the Restore! Rose Quartz Gua Sha Tool:
- Rose quartz is a naturally cool gemstone. Pop your Gua Sha Tool in the fridge (not the freezer!) for a relaxing facial that’ll de-puff and soothe tired skin.
- Wake up with a quick Gua Sha session in the morning to energize and de-puff the skin, or go for a deep massage before bed to relax and relieve your facial muscles after a long day.
- Easy to keep clean: dampen a cloth with warm soapy water and wipe gently.
Always use a sanitized Gua Sha tool on 潔淨 皮膚。
Use the rounded end for a more intense, acupressure-like massage, or switch to the three-pronged side to relieve tension. Use the concave and convex sides for a gentle, beginner-friendly Gua Sha session.
Holding the Gua Sha tool at a 30-45 degree angle, with about a third of the tool laying flat on your face:
- Gently scrape along the skin just above your eyebrow. For first-timers: observe how your skin reacts and adjust the pressure or stop Gua Sha accordingly.
- Pull the tool from your T-zone to your hairline, avoiding the delicate eye area.
- Switch to the single rounded end or concave side of the Gua Sha tool and, with a light hand, massage the area just under your brow and under the eye.
- Use any side of the tool and scrape along your cheekbone, from the side of your nose to your temple.
- Shift a few centimeters down and repeat, keeping an outwards and upwards motion.
- Repeat along the lower cheek if necessary.
- Start from the chin and pull along your jawline: be sure to unclench your jaw!
And we’re done with the face! Let’s finish up with a gentle neck massage:
- Keeping the pressure light, scrape upwards alone your neck to your earlobe.
- Sweep upwards from your clavicle to your chin.
- Using slightly more pressure, scrape downwards from your earlobe to your shoulders—you can extend this motion along the back of your neck and shoulders as well.
We suggest repeating each movement 2-3 times, but each person will react differently to Gua Sha, so pay attention to what your skin is telling you!
Use different sides of the Gua Sha tool for a unique experience on each part of your body!
This post is part of a series on our newest products:
- For a holistic remedy that'll heal from the inside out, try the De-Puff! Rose Quartz Jade Roller Tool.
- Alternatively, dissolve any tension and tightness with the 玫瑰粉晶刮痧板.
- To fully embrace eco-sustainable skincare, check out our 可重複使用的竹纖維面撲.
Written by Fion Tse